Sunshine Community Health Center
The position's main function is to provide primary care to patients at SCHC facilities. There are additional responsibilities that involve some administrative function, overseeing, programs, participating in community outreach and education, some supervisory function and generally performing tasks that maximize quality of care provided to SCHC patients.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Assessment, diagnosis and treatment of acute illness
- Management of chronic health problems
- Trauma assessment, stabilization and management
- Emergency Care
- Ability to carry out basic primary care, including but not limited to, casting, suturing, x-ray interpretations, etc.
- Dispensing of medications
- Performance and interpretation of lab tests including consultations and referrals to specialists, as needed
- Participation in specialty clinics
- Maintain current written collaborative agreements with collaborative mid-level clinicians
- Participate in patient education and preventive policies and procedures
- Participation in community outreach and education efforts as necessary
- The Physician will oversee SCHC PIQA (Performance Improvement/Quality Assurance) processes, including providing input for the development of policies and procedures, and participation in performance audits.
- Other duties as assigned.
Received: Works under the direction of the Medical Director. Supervision is through personal conferences, general observation of work in progress, and periodic review by supervisor of completed work.
Performed: Maintain a consultative relationship with mid-level practitioners on an as needed basis.
EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE:
Graduate of an accredited nationally recognized medical school. Completion of a USGME approved residency program. Professional license to practice as a physician. Must obtain and possess or be eligible to apply for Alaskan medical license. Board eligible or Board certified in Family practice or internal medicine. Maintain membership in applicable specialty board. Must be in good standing with national and/or state professional organizations, with current continuing education requirements and professional licensure. Two years minimum working in rural and/or underserved clinical environment preferred. Current DEA license required (or in application process). Current ACLS required. Additional emergency licensure recommended (PALS, ATLS, etc.)
KNOWLEDGE AND ABILITIES:
- Absolute understanding of need for patient confidentiality in all Sunshine Community Health Center matters
- Commitment to patient involvement in the practice of their own health care decision-making
- Skill and knowledge in the practice of primary health care
- Knowledge of the behavior and needs of patients
- Ability and willingness to take on future leadership role
- Ability to interact positively with patients
- Desire to become a team member working towards a common goal of delivering health care
- Ability to work with a wide range of patients of varied socioeconomic and ethnic backgrounds as well as alternative lifestyles
- Be knowledgeable about, and be willing to use appropriate coding and billing techniques as required by the Clinic
- Skill in dealing with patients and visitors as well as other staff members
- Ability to work independently and use good judgment in work prioritization
- Ability to complete difficult/complex tasks
- Ability to follow oral and written instructions
Employment/Position Type:Full Time
Share On :